problem with mod_python

Pradnyesh Sawant spradml at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 23:29:15 EST 2008

Hello,
I have a small program which does 'import hashlib'. This program runs fine
with python2.5. But when I try running the same program through mod_python,
I get the error: 'ImportError: No module named hashlib' in the apache2
error.log

Searching online suggested me to include md5.so or md5module.so in apache2.
but I don't see that in a package for debian lenny (the system I'm using).

So, my Q is, is it possible to make mod_python use the same PYTHONPATH as
the python2.5 interpreter? if so, how?

any other suggestions to solve the above problem are welcome too.
thanks!
--
warm regards,
Pradnyesh Sawant