Linux/Python Issues

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at wtf.websiteburo.oops.com
Wed Feb 20 05:10:55 EST 2008

MartinRinehart at gmail.com a écrit :

> Paul Boddie wrote:
>> The whole CNR stuff and the
>> proprietary software slant of Linspire obscures the solution, in my
>> opinion.
>
> Thanks for all your help, Paul.
>
> CNR, which is now free, is absolutely marvelous when it's got what you
> need. If Python2.5 were in the warehouse, I'd have clicked, gone to
> make a cup of coffee and the appropriate icon would be on my desktop
> when I came back. If I were Python.org I'd not consider anything ready
> for release until it was in the warehouse.

It's not the project's team duty to build specific packages for each and
every possible platform / distro / package manager. Debian, Unbuntu,
Mandriva, RedHat, Gentoo etc all build their own specific packages for
the projects they want to be part of their distro. Bad luck you choose a
distro that doesn't do a proper job here. May I suggest you give Ubuntu
a try ? You might find it very welcoming to outsiders !-)