Article of interest: Python pros/cons for the enterprise

George Sakkis george.sakkis at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 22:39:00 EST 2008

On Feb 22, 2:15 pm, Jeff Schwab <j... at schwabcenter.com> wrote:

> Nicola Musatti wrote:
> > The real sad thing is that nobody is likely to convince Guido to turn
> > CPython into C++Python ;-)
>
> How difficult would that be?  Could it be done in stages?  I would be
> willing to spend some time on that kind of project.

Yeah right.. what we need is yet another implementation of Python. At
least Jython/IronPython/Pypy (and Pyrex, Cython, Shedskin, etc.) had a
better motivation than "my language is better than yours". I am sure
your time, skills and experience would be much appreciated in more
useful projects.

George