RELEASED Python 2.5.2, release candidate 1

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Thu Feb 14 17:42:26 EST 2008

"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> writes:

> On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm
> happy to announce the release of Python 2.5.2 (release candidate 1).

Um. If it's only a release *candidate* of 2.5.2, and not yet a
*release* of 2.5.2, could you please announce it as something other
than a "release"?

It should either be announced as "the release of Python 2.5.2", if
that's the case; or "the availability of the Python 2.5.2 release
candidate 1".

--
 \          “That's all very good in practice, but how does it work in |
  `\                                             *theory*?” —anonymous |