CVS access with Python

Ravi Kumar ra21vi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 10:07:44 EST 2008

I have to design a Web-based CVS client. I could not find any module,
cvs-binding in python.

I have investigated all sort of Web Interface, including Sandweb, and
ViewCVS etc.
But these provide Read-only access and features. I need to provide almost
all sort of basic features a developer frequently need in it.
So please guide me.
I found javacvs project in Netbeans project repository which seems a nice
library, but since I am not a java programmer, this fails to me.

Other problem is its implementation. Say, there is a repository of some
projects with many modules. Now, when one developer wants to checkout, I can
get the revision Sources to Web-server temporary sandbox, and create an
archive (tar.gz/zip) and put that for downloading by the user. Since there
is many-to-many relation between projects and developers, it will consume a
lot of disk space on Web-server, creating 'n' copies of a single project for
'n' users, and assume all developers are checking out all sources. God
knows.
So is there any good implementation for such situation.

--
-=Ravi=-