threaded http server

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Wed Feb 20 12:01:01 EST 2008

bharath venkatesh wrote:
> hi,
> will this twisted,turbo gear etc help me to create a http server that can
> serve multiple clients concurrently....
> and also the http server which i want to create in my project will not be
> doing any IO (it is not like frontend  and backend ).. but it will act as a
> image_proxy_server i.e when a client wants an image  it will do a http
> request to my  http server if the image is present in cache it will fetch it
> directly from cache  and return  it  to the  client as an http reponse
> otherwise  it  fetch from  www  and  store  it cache and also return it to
> the client as an http response so basically i want to serve many clients
> concurrently in fast n efficient manner

You are reading data from a network socket (IO), you are serving images
from a disk cache or memory cache (IO) or you are retrieving images from
a remote site (IO).

Your application is most certainly not using the CPU much. All you do is
serving data or reading data - input and output - IO. :)

Christian