embedded python in c++ packaging

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Feb 7 16:38:57 EST 2008

En Thu, 07 Feb 2008 16:18:57 -0200, Joshua Kugler <jkugler at bigfoot.com>
escribió:
> Furkan Kuru wrote:
>>
>> I have been developing an application in C++ that embeds Python
>> interpreter. It takes advantage of too many modules from Python.
>> When I want to package this application, I need to add too many files
>> (.pyc) from Python/lib folder together with Python25.dll.
>> Is there a way to pack these .pyc files to a zip file and redirect
>> Python25.dll to that zip file?
>
> That is effectively what py2exe does with the modules required by the
> main
> application.  It takes all the required modules and puts them in a
> library.zip file.  You might take a look at how it does it.

Using py2exe has an additional advantage, it recursively scans all modules
looking for dependencies.
Once you know the required set of modules, you can bundle them in a .zip
file and add its full path into sys.path (the absolute path including
filename and .zip extension). Python does look into the .zip searching for
modules.

--
Gabriel Genellina