The big shots

castironpi at gmail.com castironpi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 22:14:10 EST 2008

I'm a little dissatisfied, and just thinking aloud.

Some of the ideas that have been proposed on Python-ideas as well as
Python, have received partial evaluation from the alphas.

Lesser individuals than they could not have invented Python, and would
be liable to ban me merely for this post.  Notwithstanding.

The reason they have cited is, "It is not in prevalent use."

The printing press, rail, automobiles, and Python, were not in
prevalent use before their invention.  I.e., they -can't- come if one
doesn't build it.  However, there were writing, transportation, and
programming before these respectively; does it merely suffice to
answer, "Yes it is?"

The Python gurus' combined professional judgement results in Python.

Looking through http://www.python.org/dev/peps/ , their own proposals
don't meet their own criteria.  Start there.

It is neither necessary nor sufficient that an expansion is or would
be used.