How about adding rational fraction to Python?

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Tue Feb 26 10:08:24 EST 2008

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 06:45:45 -0800 (PST)
Carl Banks <pavlovevidence at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 26, 9:29 am, "D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <da... at druid.net> wrote:
> > If 3/4 ever returned 0.75 in any language I would drop that language.
>
> Have fun dropping Python, then, chief.  Integer division with / is
> already deprecated, can be disabled ever since Python 2.4, and will be
> wholly removed in Python 3.0.

I have not been following Python development that closely lately so I
was not aware of that. I guess I won't be going to Python 3 then.  It's
great that Python wants to attract young, new programmers.  Too bad
about us old farts I guess.

How soon before 2.x is completely deprecated and I have to become a
Walmart greeter?

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves