game engine (as in rules not graphics)

Phil Runciman philr at aspexconsulting.co.nz
Sun Dec 28 18:18:26 EST 2008

See: Chris Moss, Prolog++: The Power of Object-Oriented and Logic Programming (ISBN 0201565072)

This book is a pretty handy intro to an OO version Prolog produced by Logic Programming Associates.

Prolog is a wonderful tool for such things as working out a factory layout for new car production or for creating an expert system for choosing antibiotics for treating a condition. It has even been used for helping producing immigration legislation and then for providing a system for checking eligibility (other than can you survive in a desert and get through barbed wire!) One person used is to teach primary school children English grammar. The children created their own grammar rules and checked them out using Prolog. Their understanding of english grammar exceeded many university graduates after this exercise. (Google Dr. Richard Ennals).

FWIW. Declaration of interest: Chris Moss is my wife's first cousin.