Python's popularity

Krishnakant hackingkk at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 13:37:09 EST 2008

hello hackers.
Python is best at high level calculations and as an indication, Please
note that I am leading a team on developing an accounting software which
will be modular and would suit the economic conditions of developed and
almost developed countries like India.
I find that number crunching and heavy calculations is shear programming
bliss in python.
At the front end we are using pygtk and find it very light and zippy.
And we are going to use twisted for middle layer and reportlab for
reporting.
And the development so far is pritty smooth and our programmres who
learned python for the first time are just amaised about the fact that
how easily python can do a certain thing.
So i don't know what others think but python is not just a good
scripting language (not that being a good scripting language is some
thing bad ) but also a complete enterprise ready language with given
frameworks like twisted.
happy hacking.
Krishnakant.