Learning Python now coming from Perl

Rainy andrei.avk at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 15:28:36 EST 2008

On Dec 6, 5:00 am, Bertilo Wennergren <berti... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm planning to start learning Python now, using Python 3000.
> I have no previous Python skills, but I now Perl pretty well.
> I'm also well experienced with JavaScript.
>
> Any pointers and tips how I should go about getting into
> Python?
>
> --
> Bertilo Wennergren <http://bertilow.com>

There's a lot of hoopla about Py3k being different, incompatible
with Py2.x. However, you have to keep in mind that this matters
most of all to old, large programs, which will need to be changed
if one would like to run them on Py3k. For learning the differences
don't matter much. If you learn to code in py2.x for half a year,
you will be able to pick up on most of the differences and transfer
to py3k in a few days. If you find good docs on py2.x go ahead and
use them and don't worry.