Tkinter/WindowsXP - how to use checkbutton to toggle a label in GUI?

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Aug 21 10:44:05 EDT 2008

En Thu, 21 Aug 2008 05:07:45 -0300, <dudeja.rajat at gmail.com> escribi�:

> I've a checkbutton in my GUI application which I want to work as:
>
> 1. it should be un-ticked by default,
> 2. should display a label in Gui, by default,
> 3. when user ticks the check button this should the above label goes
> off the screen and not longer is
>    displayed.
>
> Please suggest how could I do this:

Use the grid_forget method to hide the label. Based on your posted example:

 from Tkinter import *

def onclick():
   if varTestAll.get(): lblVersionUnderTest.grid_forget()
   else: lblVersionUnderTest.grid(row=2, column=1)

master = Tk()
varTestAll = IntVar()
cbTestAll = Checkbutton(master, text="Test All", variable=varTestAll,
command=onclick)
cbTestAll.grid(row=1, column=1)
lblVersionUnderTest = Label(master, text = "v2.1.5.0")
lblVersionUnderTest.grid(row=2, column=1)
mainloop()

But completely removing the label from the window looks strange. I'd
disable it; just replace the onclick function with this other one:

def onclick():
   if varTestAll.get(): lblVersionUnderTest.config(state=DISABLED)
   else: lblVersionUnderTest.config(state=NORMAL)

--
Gabriel Genellina