evaluating code lines above breakpoints ?

Stef Mientki stef.mientki at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 14:37:15 EDT 2008

hello,

I'm trying to create a high level debugger, based on rpd2.

So when the debugger enters a breakpoint,
I want to display the values of all variables in the, let's say,
5 lines above the breakpoint (if possible).
Any hints on how I get a list of all vars in those lines ?
My rough idea is to scan the lines, skip keywords, test type of each
term ( by eval), if the term is var eval the value of it.
Are there better ways ?

Another idea, when hoovering over a variable during a breakpoint, a
hint appears with the type and value of that var.

thanks,
Stef Mientki