You advice please

Nigel Rantor wiggly at wiggly.org
Wed Aug 13 11:51:10 EDT 2008

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> Nigel Rantor wrote:
>
>> Throwaway comments like yours that are pithy, emotional and devoid of
>> any factual content are just the kind of thing that makes lists such
>> as this less useful than they could be.
>
> Oh, please.  It's a fact that Python advocacy is a lot more low-key than
> the advocacy of certain potentially competing technologies.  It's always
> been that way.   Too many Europeans involved, most likely.

Your opinion. We simply disagree on this point.

I'm not sure what the comment about Europeans even means though.

>  > Have you read this list?
>  >
>  > I would suggest your comment indicates not.
>
> This list is a Python forum.  Calvin (who's a long time contributor to
> this forum, which you would have known if you'd actually followed the
> list for some time) was talking about the real world.

I did not mean in a "how long have you been here" way. I apologise. I
meant in a "have you not seen how much traffic, including rabid fanboys,
this list gets?"

You're right, I should have been much clearer on that point.