Writing to ms excel

Eric Wertman ewertman at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 10:57:50 EDT 2008

> I'm trying to find a way to write data to excel cells (or to be more
> specific to an .xls file), let's say for the sake of argument, data
> readen from a file (although it will be calculated in the process).
> I've been searching, but couldn't find any examples which allows that.

The answer will depend on your base os.. if you are on windows there
will be some options using the COM interfaces I bet.. but I don't know
anything about them.

If you are on a unix based os, your choices are limited.  If you can,
I would just write to a csv file and open it with Excel.  If you have
to interface with an exsisting excel file, you can try
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/xlrd , but it may not support writing xls
files, still.