Total No. of "Records" in a File?

W. eWatson notvalid2 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 23 13:53:24 EDT 2008

Nick Dumas wrote:
Maybe. I could see it if the file were truly in a record format. The # of
records might be kept by the OS. It's conceivable that Python or the OS
might see a file with a CR as "recordized". All unlikely though. Just checkin'.

How about in a slightly different case. Suppose I want to know the number of
files in a folder? The OS and maybe some Python method might know that.

                     Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/>