Writing to ms excel

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Sun Aug 31 09:23:36 EDT 2008

Marin Brkic wrote:
> I remember an older coleague who said; "open, free and whatever
> licence type ...  software is free, only up to some amount of $$/per
> hour". After that you just want things to work, and if they don't
> work, there are people who are paid $/per hour to make it work.

Well I hear that too but its obviously the biggest lie in IT.
You can't make MS Office to work. There is no way to do so.
Even asking MS the question why something does not work costs
a lot of money and you don't get a solution.

Example: try to put group templates on a WEBDAV "share".

So in the OS world you can actually spend that money on someone
indeed giving you a solution.

Btw, SUN has a plugin for MS office to read/write odf.
(Which works instead of the solution from MS itself).

Regards
Tino