From Ruby to Python?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Thu Aug 14 09:28:27 EDT 2008

Michael Mabin wrote:

> Ruby does have a little of the Perl spirit of 'There's More Than One Way
> to Do It'. And you do need shift to Python's 'There's Only One Way To Do
> It'.

Careful.  "import this" says:

  "There should be one-- and preferably only one --obvious way to do it."

Note the use of "obvious".  It's about the language getting out of the
way so you can focus on your real problem, not restricting what you can
do with it.

(I mean, seriously, if you find your job so mind-numbingly boring that
you need many ways to code trivial problems just to get some variation,
maybe it's time to look for a better position?)

</F>