You advice please

Hussein B hubaghdadi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 03:25:04 EDT 2008

On Aug 13, 8:08 am, Bruno Desthuilliers <bruno.
42.desthuilli... at websiteburo.invalid> wrote:
> Hussein B a écrit :
> (snip)
>

> > Personally, I don't like the RoR framework at all.
> > It doesn't come with any thing new or revolutionary,
>
> You could say the same about Python and about Django. None of them come
> with anything new or revolutionary. And both have warts too.
>
> > they just take
> > the hard lessons from the Java web applications world.
> > I think Ruby was a dead language and RoR gave it a life kiss.
>
> Ruby was a "slowly growing" language (wrt/ exposure at least) before
> Rails became the new buzz in town. But it was certainly not "dead".

Yes but Python is a known language and used by many big names (Google
and NASA should be more than enough examples).
Ruby on the other hand was hardly being hear, it lacks the
documentation, a specification and an umbrella like JCP or PSF.
I'm not sure why "The Pragmatic Programmer" and "Manning" publishers
aren't doing any work on Python.
Well, the Python bit me :)