Any tips on Python web development on Mac OS

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Wed Aug 6 11:34:21 EDT 2008

Tim Greening-Jackson a écrit :
> Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:
>> Tim Greening-Jackson a écrit :
>> (snip)

>> Depends on what your "site" is doing.
>
> There are all *sorts* of things I would like it to do, but am not
> dogmatic about any of them. For example, having various people being
> able to login to it securely to shuttle files between ourselves would be
> useful. As would webmail access. And various "robot" functionality...

Ok, so this is more a collection of web applications than a
content-oriented site. FWIW, there are existing open-source solutions
(not necessarily written in Python...) for at least the first two features.

> The exercise is more to see what Python can do to help me develop
> websites and get used to some sort of proper development framework,

Ok. Then to answer one of your initial questions, yes, having a look at
frameworks like Django, Turbogears or Pylons might be a good idea. But
note that these are frameworks, not applications like iWeb.