Writing to ms excel

Sun Aug 31 00:07:36 EDT 2008

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 05:12:01 +0200, Marin Brkic wrote:

> I remember an older coleague who said; "open, free and whatever licence
> type ...  software is free, only up to some amount of $$/per hour".
> After that you just want things to work, and if they don't work, there
> are people who are paid $/per hour to make it work.

And that applies *exactly* the same to Excel as OpenOffice, except that
you're not paying the cost for the software and the licences and tracking
the licences.

If you can find a package that "just works" for writing to Excel, great.
Otherwise you have to build it yourself. And that's when you have to
decide whether you want to spend 40 hours of programmer time (less than
one programmer-week) trying to get write support for Excel in order to
save two hours of support time for OpenOffice.

--
Steven