programming toolbox

eliben eliben at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 08:25:56 EDT 2008

> Biggest issue I have with Python is screen input and output. I am trying
> to master wxPython (and Tkinter) but find this aspect harder than it
> ought to be.

This is hardly an issue with Python. You'll run into it with all
languages. You think wxPython is hard to master ? You should try
writing GUIs with C and Motif :-)

wxWidgets is, IMHO, one of the best GUI toolkits, and its Python
binding is wonderful. Get yourself the book "wxPython in action" and
you'll write pretty and functional GUIs in no time. I'm not sure how
wxPython scales for really large and complex GUIs, but for everything
I've needed from it so far, it worked beautifully.

Eli