programming toolbox

William Purcell williamhpurcell at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 09:17:27 EDT 2008

Thanks for the replies.

I am still wondering if C++ would be worth learning and I think it could be
answered by these three questions...

1. Are programs written in C++ better (in any form of the word) than
programs written in python or vise versa or equal?
2. Is compiled better than interpreted?
3. Is it necessary to know any more languages than python to be a
respectable programmer, i.e. to be able to take care of most programming
problems (text manipulation, gui programming, scientific computation, web
stuff)?

Thanks,
Bill