parsing form with a website question...

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 14 18:48:14 EDT 2008

Hi guys...

Got a question that I figured I'd ask before I reinvent the wheel.

A basic website has a form, or multiple forms.  within the form, there might
be multiple elements (lists/select statements, etc...). each item would have
a varname, which would in turn be used as part of the form action, to create
the entire query...

sort of like:
form action=test.php?
 option
  name=foo
  foo=1
  foo=2
  foo=3
  foo=4
 /option

 option
  name=cat
  cat=1
  cat=2
  cat=3
 /option
/form

so you'd get the following urls in this psuedo example:
 test.php?foo=1&cat=1
 test.php?foo=1&cat=2
 test.php?foo=1&cat=3
 test.php?foo=2&cat=1
 test.php?foo=2&cat=2
 test.php?foo=2&cat=3
 test.php?foo=3&cat=1
 test.php?foo=3&cat=2
 test.php?foo=3&cat=3
 test.php?foo=4&cat=1
 test.php?foo=4&cat=2
 test.php?foo=4&cat=3

i'm looking for an app that has the ability to parse any given "form" on a
web page, returning the complete list of possible url combinations based on
the underlying elements that make up/define the form...

anybody ever seen anything remotely close to this...???

i've been research crawlers, thinking that this kind of functionality would
already exist, but so far, no luck!

thanks