like a "for loop" for a string

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sun Aug 17 16:03:24 EDT 2008

Alexnb wrote:

> Basically I want the code to be able to pick out how many strings there are
> and then do something with each, or the number. When I say string I mean how
> many "strings" are in the string "string string string non-string string"
 >
> Does that help?

not really, since you haven't defined what "string" and "non-string" are
   or how strings are separated from each other, and, for some odd
reason, refuse to provide an actual example that includes both a proper
sample string *and* the output you'd expect.

please don't use the mailing list to play 20 questions.

</F>