Inquisitive computing

David C. Ullrich dullrich at sprynet.com
Wed Aug 13 16:50:10 EDT 2008

In article
<41264be6-3dae-4ca3-ab6f-aba20130a0c1 at l42g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>,
 bearophileHUGS at lycos.com wrote:

> Python as a language almost fit for Inquisitive computing:

Heh - language problem. At first I read "almost fit for" as
"almost satisfactory for". Looking at the link and your next
comment I think you meant "is almost a perfect fit for".

Yes, I've done a lot of "inquisitive computing" in Python -
it's excellent for that sort of thing.

> http://www.americanscientist.org/issues/pub/2008/5/calculemus
>
> (I think Python is one of the best ones for such purpose).

If you look at the end of the article you see the author
agrees (I don't quite follow his complaint about not feeling
at home with the interactive mode, but it's funny to read about
how he uses Lisp but realizes he's not going to talk people
into that...)

--
David C. Ullrich