Python Substitute for PHP GD, Resizing an image on the client side

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Tue Aug 19 04:46:26 EDT 2008

> Does anyone have any code that does the javascript "selecting the
> rectangle bit" and uploading to the server.

I've based my work in this field on some freely available JS, but don't know
what it was called. Google is your friend here.

> Also incidentally is ftp
> or put the recommended way to go for uploading the reduced image to
> the server?

In the same way any other uploading is done in browsers when a website is
involved: using HTTP POST. Use the <input type="file">-tag, and make sure
the server-side will store a transmitted file properly. Frameworks such as
TurboGears (1 or 2) and Django will do that for you.

Diez