Sharing common memory space (In form of List) across the python processes.

Piyush Chechani piyush.chechani at tcs.com
Fri Aug 1 03:54:34 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am working on a module where I need to share contents of a big List
across the processes. I am using socket programming concept for this.

My current processing for this is as follows: -
        1. There is a server program S which loads the list in the memory,
and listens on a particular port,
        2. All the other programs which want to access that list sends a
request on that server port,
        3. Server sends the id of the memory loaded list element to the
requesting process.
Here I am getting a problem in the reverse function of id(), as my client
should get the list object using its id but I don't know the python
function for doing this.

Please help me in solving this problem, also if you have any other more
robust solution for this processing then please share that.

Thanks in advance.

Piyush.

and any attachments. Thank you