Psycho question

David C. Ullrich dullrich at sprynet.com
Fri Aug 8 13:18:19 EDT 2008

In article <mailman.1256.1218151260.922.python-list at python.org>,
 "Delaney, Timothy (Tim)" <tdelaney at avaya.com> wrote:

> David C. Ullrich wrote:
>
> > f: 0.0158488750458
> > g: 0.000610113143921
> > h: 0.00200295448303
> > f: 0.0184948444366
> > g: 0.000257015228271
> > h: 0.00116610527039
>
> I suspect you're hitting the point of diminishing returns with g, and
> any further investigations into optimisation are purely for fun and
> learning ;)

No doubt. Hadn't meant to get into optimization, at least not
here, but various people made various comments - when someone
suggests this or that seems like I should try it.

Curiously <smug grin> g is exactly how I'd planned on doing it
before trying anything. The one thing that puzzles me about
all the results is why // is so much slower than / inside
that Psyco loop.

--
David C. Ullrich