Constructing MIME message without loading message stream

Kris Kennaway kris at FreeBSD.org
Sat Aug 9 11:58:37 EDT 2008

I would like to MIME encode a message from a large file without first
disk (actually I am using encode_7or8bit, so the encoding should be
null).  Is there a way to construct the flattened MIME message such that
data is streamed from the file as needed instead of being resident in
memory?  Do I have to subclass the MIMEBase class myself?

Kris