py3k s***s

Aaron Watters aaron.watters at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 11:44:54 EDT 2008

On Apr 16, 3:33 pm, "sjdevn... at yahoo.com" <sjdevn... at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Wow,   I'd venture that the division changes with ints are the only
> thing I'm really concerned about...

Oh I forgot about this one.  Yes, I think it's a mistake to
adopt a different convention for division than C/C++/java/C#/Fortran/
Basic...
Just another reason to throw your hands up in frustration, in my
book...

The implications of the string conversion is entirely unclear to me.
I'm betting the libraries will also get "improved" during porting,
either intentionally or accidentally
which means I'll have to carefully rewrite
and retest any code which uses the
new and improved libraries ... and the "deprecated/removed"
libs won't work anymore, so I can't just put them into
my package...

sigh.

   -- Aaron Watters

===