text adventure game problem

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Apr 14 05:59:12 EDT 2008

En Fri, 11 Apr 2008 11:21:17 -0300, <corvettecraz92 at gmail.com> escribió:
> On Apr 11, 10:16 am, corvettecra... at gmail.com wrote:
>> On Apr 11, 1:40 am, Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfr... at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>>
>> > On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 05:06:42 -0700 (PDT), corvettecra... at gmail.com
>> > declaimed the following in comp.lang.python:

>> >         <sigh> Okay... It isn't the best thought out system -- I have
>> too
>> > many specific classes... It would probably be better to put actions
>> into
>> > dictionaries and use some custom .getattr() to handle them.

>> > #
>> > #   TAGS.py     Text Adventure Game Shell
>> > #
>>
>> > #   I've probably defined too many special classes here
>> > class Gobject(object):  #Game object
>> >     def __init__(self, name, description, hidden=False, fixed=True):
>> >         self._name = name
>> >         self._description = description
>> >         self.hidden = hidden   #hidden objects are not visible to
>> > EXAMINE

>> I still can't run that....after fixing the simple stuff like 'invalid
>> syntax', there's the "Name examine is not defined."
>> So...

You will have to manually fix the long lines that were splitted/wrapped by
the mailer program. As a rule-of-thumb, try joining any line (inside a
function or class) that you see over the left margin, onto the previous
line.

By example, the EXAMINE word above should be the last word on its previous
line, in fact it's part of the comment.

--
Gabriel Genellina