text adventure game problem

Tommy Nordgren tommy.nordgren at comhem.se
Thu Apr 10 14:20:19 EDT 2008

On 9 apr 2008, at 03.01, corvettecraz92 at gmail.com wrote:

> okay, I'm having this one problem with a text adventure game. It's
> kind of hard to explain, but I'll do my best.
> [code]
>
> def prompt_kitchen():
>    global gold
	Python is not a suitable language for Text Adventure Development.
You should use one of the several excellent free text adventure
languages instead.
In particular languages like TADS (The text adventure development
system) have strong
built-in support for the tricky command parsing.
See the amazing new SF reel: Invasion of the man eating cucumbers from
outer space.
On congratulations for a fantastic parody, the producer replies :
"What parody?"

Tommy Nordgren
tommy.nordgren at comhem.se