Does Python 2.5 include or not include SQLite engine?

Daniel Fetchinson fetchinson at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 22 11:50:10 EDT 2008

> > While reading feedback to my post "Does Python 2.5.2's embedded SQLite
> > support full text searching?" I noticed that there appears to be some
> > confusion regarding whether Python 2.5 includes the SQLite engine.
> >
> > My Windows 2.5.2 binary download includes SQLite.
> >
> > But other posters claim otherwise, re: Linux releases of Python 2.5?
> >
> > I thought one of the major features of Python 2.5 was its embedded
> > SQLite engine.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> It is embedded. Period.

Would you back that up, please? I mean with something else than "on my
distro I see something vaguely resembling an sqlite shared object".
The shared object lib-dynload/_sqlite3.so on most linux distros is
*not* sqlite only the wrapper.

This doesn't exclude the possibility of other python distros
distributing sqlite itself, for example on windows this seems to be
the case.