Finally had to plonk google gorups.

Dan Upton upton at virginia.edu
Wed Apr 16 14:10:28 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 1:49 PM, Mike Driscoll <kyosohma at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 16, 12:40 pm, "D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <da... at druid.net> wrote:
>
>  I don't think I like the email list idea all that much. I'm already on
>  a number of them and they fill up my box like crazy. Besides that, in
>  email format it's hard to follow the thread, so one moment I'm reading
>  about the latest ding dong and the next is a response to a post from
>  last week.

Maybe a thread bashing google "gorups" is a bad place to make this
comment, but Gmail organizes the threads so it's easy to follow
threads in mailing list conversations.  (And I see you're posting from
a gmail address, so...) Thunderbird is capable of grouping mailing
list messages by thread too, and I can only assume Outlook Express is
as well.

The recent deluge of spam has gone straight to my junk mail box, and
Gmail's spam filter only incorrectly flags as spam about one
python-list message per week--maybe instead of ignoring all posts from
Google users, you just need a better spam filter.