Python 2.5 adoption

Carl Banks pavlovevidence at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 05:56:40 EDT 2008

On Apr 18, 2:08 pm, Joseph Turian <tur... at gmail.com> wrote:
> How widely adopted is python 2.5?
>
> We are doing some development, and have a choice to make:
> a) Use all the 2.5 features we want.
> b) Maintain backwards compatability with 2.4.
>
> So I guess the question is, does anyone have a sense of what percent
> of python users don't have 2.5?

One possible barometer for the situation is what's the oldest version
of Python to have been supported in the most bug-fix releases?

...In which case you need to maintain backwards compatibility with
2.3.

(I bring this up to illustrate that if there are people clamoring for
a 2.3 updates, there are probably quite a few supporting 2.4 as well.)

Carl Banks