Pyserial - send and receive characters through linux serial port

Bjoern Schliessmann usenet-mail-0306.20.chr0n0ss at spamgourmet.com
Sat Apr 26 06:30:37 EDT 2008

terry wrote:

> I am trying to send a character to '/dev/ttyS0' and expect the
> same character and upon receipt I want to send another character.
> I tired with Pyserial but in vain.

Pyserial works very well for me (despite the device I connect to has
quite a screwed protocol and implementation).

> Test Set up:
>
> 1. Send '%' to serial port and make sure it reached the serial
> port. 2. Once confirmed, send another character.
>
> I tried with write and read methods in Pyserial but no luck.

Are you actaully trying to get lucky by doing this, or are you
observing a specific problem, e.g. nothing is received or wrong
characters are received? Also, by what are they received?

Regards,

Björn

--
BOFH excuse #139: