Java or C++?

Grzegorz Słodkowicz jergosh at wp.pl
Tue Apr 15 15:12:30 EDT 2008

 > You must be joking - better designed? C++ was a botch to an already poor
> language.

Although I'm relatively new to the concept that C++ is too difficult to
use, I would concede that with certain mindset and priorities Java may
be a valid choice. Not so if one is willing to expand  knowledge about
programming and find a complement for Python.

Where I can't agree is that C is a poor language. You may prefer Unix
was written in Pascal but C is still an excellent language, if no longer
'general-purpose.'

C++ continues its philosophy of granting as much control as possible to
the programmer. Whether it's a good or bad thing is debatable and
depends on purpose for which you're using it.
> Personally I find Java very satisfying to write.

Bing.