DBXML and removeDocument in Python

Peter Robinson peter at sd-editions.com
Wed Apr 16 23:15:27 EDT 2008

I am trying to add and remove documents in a container in Berkeley/
Oracle DB XML within Python, on Mac OS X Leopard. putDocument works
fine, but I keep getting 'attributeError' when I try removeDocument.
I can't find any documentation on removeDocument in Python and it is
not in the examples.py.
My code looks like:

results = p.query('//page[@id="I-57-1r"]'
xc = p.getcontainer()
xm = p.getxmlmanager()
uc = xm.createUpdateContext()
if results.hasNext() is True:
    #delete the document!
    xc.removeDocument('57-1r', uc)
#add a new document with the same name
xc.putDocument('57-1r' , '<page id="I-57-1r"/>, uc)

Put document works fine. I can remove the document using
removeDocument from the shell, but not from within Python. Help...
Peter Robinson: peter at sd-editions.com
Scholarly Digital Editions
12 The Old Silverworks
54a Spencer Street