urllib working differently when run from crontab

VictorMiller victorsmiller at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 23:50:07 EDT 2008

I've written a python script which, using urllib, and urllib2 will
fetch a number of files that that I'm interested in from various
websites (they're updated everyday).  When I run the script from my
command line everything works as intended.  However, when the script
is run from crontab every single url that I attempt to open gets
"connection refused".  Has anyone ever seen anything like this?  If
so, what's causing it, and what can I do about it?

Victor