py3k concerns. An example

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Apr 27 21:18:22 EDT 2008

> This would save me personally a great deal of
> painful tedium, I suspect (especially considering
> that I've implemented a lot of "dictionary-like"
> objects -- so I'll have to change the way their
> "keys" method works -- or something -- I haven't
> figured it out yet...).
[...]
> In C# and java, for example, this sort of issue
> has never been a problem
> in my experience: stuff I wrote many versions ago
> still works just fine with no changes (but please
> note that I don't write gui stuff, which is less
> stable -- I'm speaking of algorithmic and system
> libraries).

I don't see the connection. Why do you think your
.keys() implementation breaks just because dict.keys
has a different semantics now?

An existing application of an existing dict-like
object will continue to work just fine in Python 3,
right?

I can't find the change to dictionaries outrageous.

Regards,
Martin