When does a binary extension gets the file extension '.pyd' and when is it '.so'

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sat Apr 5 09:30:10 EDT 2008

llothar wrote:

> I don't think so. I asked a pretty simple question and as usual on
> usenet nobody read the question

did *you* read your own question?  it took you three posts before you
mentioned what you were trying to do, and four posts before you bothered
to mention that you're seeing this behaviour on Ubuntu.

and for the record, Python doesn't look for PYD files on any of the Unix
boxes I have convenient access to right now.  what Ubuntu version are
you using, what Python version do you have, and what does

     $ python -c "import imp; print imp.get_suffixes()"

print on your machine?

</F>