Any fancy grep utility replacements out there?

samslists at gmail.com samslists at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 22:29:18 EDT 2008

Thanks to everyone who responded, and sorry for my late response.

Grin seems like the perfect solution for me.  I finally had a chance
to download it and play with it today.  It's great.

Robert...you were kind enough to ask if I had any requests.  Just the
one right now of grepping through gzip files.  If for some reason you
don't want to do it or don't have time to do it, I could probably do
it and send you a patch.  But I imagine that since you wrote the code,
you could do it more elegantly than I could.

Thanks!

P.S.  Robert....this program totally deserves a real web page, not
just being buried in an svn repository.  I spent a lot of time looking
for a tool like this that was written in python.  I imagine others
have as well, and have simply given up.