ANN: pry unit testing framework

Kay Schluehr kay.schluehr at gmx.net
Sat Apr 5 09:01:28 EDT 2008

Aldo, when you confuse inheritance ( using an OO framework properly )
with monkey patching no one can draw much different conclusions than I
did.

I'm still very positive about the integration of code coverage tools
with UT frameworks and of course I've nothing against adding a CLI.
Actually *this* is a good reason to advance an existing framework and
enable more components to be hooked in.

But raving against unittest.py and anti-hyping it for mostly trivial
reasons and with shallow reasoning has become a fashion. Now we see
alternatives that do little more than what can be achieved by adding
two abstract methods to the TestSuite base class and overwrite a few
methods of the TestLoader base class ( maybe I'm wrong about it but I
guess the discussion has become too heated to clarify this point using
technical arguments ).

I just felt it was a good opportunity to debunk this unittest.py anti-
hype. I'm sorry it has gone too personal.

Regards, Kay