I just killed GIL!!!

sturlamolden sturlamolden at yahoo.no
Thu Apr 17 10:30:11 EDT 2008

On 17 Apr, 15:21, "Martin P. Hellwig" <x... at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> If not, what is the advantage above already present solutions?

Well... I like the processing module. Except that Wintendo toy OS has
no fork() availabe for the Win32 subsystem, which makes it a bit
limited on that platform (slow at starting up, dependent on object
serialization, difficulties handling global variables, etc). The
advantage of my solution is that I can use threads and one process,
which makes it more friendly to Windows. On the other hand, the
processing module has the advantage that it cna be used on distributed
memory systems (e.g. clusters).