How is GUI programming in Python?

baalbek rcs at bgoark.no
Fri Apr 11 21:34:40 EDT 2008

Rune Strand wrote:

> Numerous RAD' env's, fx Delphi, suggests this kind of incredibly
> boring almost pre-historic, self-pestering non-sense pain is ancient,

I have used Delphi for a lot of projects, as well as wxPython with the
Glade Gui designer (and wxDesigner with C++ projects).

Delphi/Object Pascal simply sucks big time!

No real control of your GUI design with Delphi, just a lot of point and
click  (did anyone mention waste of one's life?), and don't get me
started on that primitive, complete utter waste of language called
Object Pascal!

I code a lot in wxPython whenever I can (read whenever the performance
is ok for the task at hand; 90% of the cases it is).

Python/wxPython/Glade == real programmer's toolkit

Object Pascal/Delphi == the hobbyist/beginner's toolkit

Baalbek