object-relational mappers

Luis M. González luismgz at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 09:33:42 EDT 2008

I have come to the same conclusion.
ORMs make easy things easier, but difficult things impossible...

The best approach I've seen so far is webpy's (if we are talking of
web apps).
It isn't an ORM, it is just a way to make the database api easier to
use.
Queries don't return objects, they return something similar to
dictionaries, which can be used with dot notation ( for example,
result.name is equal to result['name'] ).

A simple select query would be db.select('customers') or
db.select('customers', name='John').
But you can also resort to plain sql as follows: db.query('select *
from customers where name = "John"').

Simple, effective and doesn't get in your way.

Luis