Where to get BeautifulSoup--www.crummy.com appears to be down.

Paul Rubin http
Thu Apr 24 14:34:20 EDT 2008

Paul Boddie <paul at boddie.org.uk> writes:
> simple Python-only modules, all you'd really need to do to prove the
> concept is to develop the client-side Windows software (eg. apt-get
> for Windows) which downloads package lists, verifies signatures, and
> works out where to put the package contents. ...

I thought the Windows "solution" to this was Authenticode, which is a
scheme for signing executables against certificates similar to those
used on SSL web sites.  Of course there's been at least one notorious
forgery, but typical Linux distro repositories are probably not all
that secure either.

In the case of a pure Python program like Beautiful Soup, I certainly
think any installation needing running code should be done by
distutils included in the Python distro.