Zope review

Sean Tierney seanttierney at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 19:04:39 EDT 2007

It might help if someone could contrast Zope w/ another Python
framework like Twisted.

I've been investing some time in learning Zope/Plone and would love to
hear someone speak to alternatives.

"part of the brain"  -- would that speak to the "event-based" approach
of Twisted?  The "event-based" approach is mentioned by John Goerzen
in "Foundations of Python Network Programming" (Apress).

Happy Times.

On 9/21/07, Istvan Albert <istvan.albert at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 20, 7:44 pm, Norm <norman.bar... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > without meaning to start a flame war between the various python web
> > tools, I was wondering if anyone had a review of the status of Zope.
> > For example, is it being used for new projects or just maintenance?
>
> Zope is heavily used. It is a mature and reliable product. It is also
> very complicated and requires (enforces) a particular way of
> programming that can feel very burdensome if it does not 'fit your
> brain'.
>
> i.
>

> --

Sean Tierney